SHS charges $15 for primary care office visits. For other services provided, SHS offers discounted fees. These charges can all be applied to the student’s fee account, which will then be paid to Student Business Services. SHS also accepts all major credit cards, checks (with driver’s license, state issued identification card, or passport), as well as payments from Insurance Plans (visit the Health Insurance webpage for more information).
Health Center Fee
On-campus students are assessed a mandatory health center fee each semester that provides them access to health care, health education, and supports public health initiatives for the campus. Minimal charges apply for services rendered at the health center. The health center fee is included with tuition and fees for enrolled students. Students who are not residing locally can use our telemedicine service.
The current fee schedule is included below:
- Fall/Spring Semester: $75/semester
- 10-Week Summer Classes: $75
- Summer Sessions: $25/session
- *Summer Bridge Fee (criteria must be met): $25
*For students not enrolled in classes who are seeking to access services during the summer, a summer bridge fee may be assessed. Students must show they were enrolled during the most recent semester, and proof of enrollment must be provided for the upcoming fall semester. The summer bridge fee grants eligibility for utilizing SHS during the summer session currently in progress, and will expire at the end of that respective session.
Check-Out: Students are encouraged to check out with the Cashier after their in-person appointment/visit. The Cashier is located near the check-in windows in the front lobby. The below payment options are available to students after their visit:
- Health Insurance: To file your visit to your health insurance, SHS must have your insurance information on file. You can upload your health insurance information via the SHS Patient Portal or provide this information to the Check-In staff prior to your visit. Access the Patient Portal here: https://shs.tamu.edu/appointments. SHS staff will automatically file any services rendered to your health insurance unless you instruct them otherwise. Any amounts not paid by your health insurance will be billed to your Student Business Services account.
- Card payment: To pay for your services rendered after your visit, please visit the Cashier prior to exiting the building. If a student has questions on using a Health Savings Account (HSA), please visit Patient Services across from the Cashier.
- Secure online payment system: Students have the option to pay for their services online utilizing the SHS secure online payment system. Please contact Patient Services via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (979-458-8310) to receive the total amount to be paid for your SHS visit. Access the secure payment system here: https://tx.ag/SHSpayment. For any assistance utilizing this payment option, contact Patient Services via email or phone.
- Charges transferred to Student Business Services: If you choose not to pay for your visit after you receive care at the clinic, or if your health insurance does not cover your visit in full, the amount due will be transferred to your Student Business Services account. You do not need to initiate this transfer if this is your preferred payment option.
Late Arrival and Missed Appointments
Students are advised to check in 15 minutes prior to the student’s scheduled appointment time. If a student arrives late or does not make the scheduled time, a $25 fee will be placed on the student’s account.
Former Student Charges
If a former student is being asked to pay charges owed to TAMU - Student Health Services on his/her TAMU Student Account through Student Business Services (SBS), please understand that charges may have posted after the student's graduation date. In some instances, outstanding balances may also have been transferred from the previous system to the current Compass (student information and financial) system and are now accessible. These charges should be paid to SBS. If a former student has questions regarding charges for services incurred at TAMU Student Health Services, please contact Patient Services at (979) 458-8310.