If a student needs to have his/her records released, Student Health Services, as required by law, must obtain a written release, which allows SHS to transfer the student’s record. A separate release is required for each transfer. Student Health Services maintains Student Health Information for the mandatory 10 years as outlined by the Texas A&M University policy (Item number 07.200.20). As a patient, a student is entitled to a copy of his/her records; however, the records are the property of Student Health Services and guidelines are in place to protect the student’s information.
Obtaining the Record
Students can download a Medical Records Release Form and submit the completed form to SHS.
Students may mail in the form and payment, fax the form and be contacted by an SHS staff member for payment, or complete the form and pay in person. Please allow up to 14 days for processing. The address for all these methods is listed below:
A. P. Beutel Health Center
College Station, Texas 77843-1264
(979) 458-8319 Fax
- Pick up: $1 per page (maximum of $15)
- *Mail, Fax or Electronic (under 30 pages): $15
- *Mail, Fax or Electronic (30 or more pages): $25
- CD for X-Rays: $6
- **Insurance/Legal Requests: $25 – first 20 pages and $0.50 per page thereafter. $15 for executing an affidavit.
- Priority: $10 (added to fee for processing) - Priority orders will place the student’s medical records request ahead of all other requests.
*SHS will only fax a patient's medical records to a doctor's office or another university.
**Texas Medical Board (TMB) rules (including §165.2. Medical Record Release and Charges)