To help ensure Texas A&M University students have access to the multitude of health resources available on the Texas A&M University campus and within the Bryan/College Station community, please find a brief overview of additional health resources below.
Counseling & Psychological Services (caps.tamu.edu)
- Overview: CAPS provides counseling and psychological services for TAMU students. Services include: addiction assessment and resource counseling, career counseling, couples counseling, crisis intervention, group counseling, learning disability and ADD/ADHD screenings, personal counseling, psychiatric services, psychoeducational workshops and more.
- Contact Us: (979) 845-4427
- Make an appointment to speak with a counselor here: caps.tamu.edu.
- Need support, crisis intervention, or concerned about someone after regular business hours? Contact HelpLine at (979) 845-2700.
- Learn to break the cycle of negative thoughts and emotions that contribute to stress, anxiety and depression by downloading Sanvello, a mental health and wellness mobile app. Use your TAMU email to get free access to the premium version. Download the Sanvello app at sanvello.com.
Disability Resources (disability.tamu.edu)
- Overview: Disability Resources offers accommodations coordination, evaluation referrals, disability-related information, assistive technology services, sign language interpreting and transcription services, and more.
- Contact Us: (979) 845-1637
- Learn more about requesting accommodations here: disability.tamu.edu/process.
- Need to utilize the testing center to administer your exam due to a disability? Learn more here: disability.tamu.edu/tc.
Health Promotion (studentlife.tamu.edu/hp)
- Overview: Health Promotion offers education, outreach, and collaboration initiatives related to fitness and nutrition, alcohol and/or other drugs, stress relief, time management, sexual health, and interpersonal violence prevention.
- Contact Us: (979) 845-0280
- Request a presentation here: studentlife.tamu.edu/hp/presentationrequests.
- Passionate about health and wellness? Get involved with Health Promotion: studentlife.tamu.edu/hp/getinvolved.
- Overview: HelpLine is an after-hours mental health service for the Texas A&M community that provides telephone, peer support, information, crisis intervention, and referrals to students, as well as those concerned about students.
- Contact Us: (979) 845-2700
- Available from 4pm-8am on weekdays and 24 hours on weekends when school is in session.
Recreational Sports (recsports.tamu.edu)
- Overview: Recreational Sports is the on-campus recreational center for TAMU students. Services include: aquatics, certification courses, drop-in recreation, group fitness and classes, intramural sports, outdoor adventures, sports clubs, strength and conditioning, and more.
- Contact Us: (979) 845-7826
- Learn more about personal training sessions here: recsports.tamu.edu/strength-conditioning.
- Interested in finding a job on-campus? Learn more here: recsports.tamu.edu/employment.
Student Assistance Services (studentlife.tamu.edu/sas)
- Overview: SAS provides students with guidance, resources, and support to address a variety of personal and academic matters. Common issues SAS provides support regarding: referrals/resource connections, concerning behavior follow-up, student welfare checks, student absence notification, Silver Taps/student death, assistance in coordinating family needs, and more.
- Contact Us: (979) 845-3113
- Learn more about student support here: studentlife.tamu.edu/sas/studentsupport.
- University Police Department: (979) 845-2345
- Campus EMS: (979) 845-1525
- Chemical/Radiological Spills: (979) 862-1111
- Off-Campus Police Services:
- College Station: (979) 764-3600
- Bryan: (979) 209-5300
- Brazos County Sheriff: (979) 361-4900
- Department of Public Safety (State Troopers): (979) 776-3110
- Off-Campus Fire Services:
- College Station: (979) 764-3700
- Bryan (979) 209-5960
- Off-Campus Medical Services/Hospitals:
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center: (979) 207-0100
- CHI St. Joseph Regional Health Center: (979) 776-3777
- CHI St. Joseph Health College Station Hospital: (979) 764-5100
- CapRock Hospital: (979) 314-2323
- The Physicians Center Hospital: (979) 731-3100