To help ensure Texas A&M University students have access to the multitude of health resources available on the Texas A&M University campus and within the Bryan/College Station community, find a brief overview of additional health resources below.
For information on Medical Emergencies and After Hours Care, visit our Emergencies page.
Access health brochures covering a multitude of topics below.
Counseling & Psychological Services (caps.tamu.edu)
- Overview: CAPS provides counseling and psychological services for TAMU students. Services include: addiction assessment and resource counseling, career counseling, couples counseling, crisis intervention, group counseling, learning disability and ADD/ADHD screenings, personal counseling, psychiatric services, psychoeducational workshops and more.
- Contact Us: (979) 845-4427
- Make an appointment to speak with a counselor here: caps.tamu.edu.
- Need support, crisis intervention, or concerned about someone after regular business hours? Contact HelpLine at (979) 845-2700.
- Learn to break the cycle of negative thoughts and emotions that contribute to stress, anxiety and depression by downloading mental health and wellness mobile apps.
Disability Resources (disability.tamu.edu)
- Overview: Disability Resources offers accommodations coordination, evaluation referrals, disability-related information, assistive technology services, sign language interpreting and transcription services, and more.
- Contact Us: (979) 845-1637
- Learn more about requesting accommodations here: disability.tamu.edu/process.
- Need to utilize the testing center to administer your exam due to a disability? Learn more here: disability.tamu.edu/tc.
Health Promotion (studentlife.tamu.edu/hp)
- Overview: Health Promotion offers education, outreach, and collaboration initiatives related to fitness and nutrition, alcohol and/or other drugs, stress relief, time management, sexual health, and interpersonal violence prevention.
- Contact Us: (979) 845-0280
- Request a presentation here: studentlife.tamu.edu/hp/presentationrequests.
- Passionate about health and wellness? Get involved with Health Promotion: studentlife.tamu.edu/hp/getinvolved.
- Overview: HelpLine is an after-hours mental health service for the Texas A&M community that provides telephone, peer support, information, crisis intervention, and referrals to students, as well as those concerned about students.
- Contact Us: (979) 845-2700
- Available from 4pm-8am on weekdays and 24 hours on weekends when school is in session.
Recreational Sports (recsports.tamu.edu)
- Overview: Recreational Sports is the on-campus recreational center for TAMU students. Services include: aquatics, certification courses, drop-in recreation, group fitness and classes, intramural sports, outdoor adventures, sports clubs, strength and conditioning, and more.
- Contact Us: (979) 845-7826
- Learn more about personal training sessions here: recsports.tamu.edu/strength-conditioning.
- Interested in finding a job on-campus? Learn more here: recsports.tamu.edu/employment.
A variety of clinics offer sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing for students.
Texas A&M Student Health Services Lab
A.P. Beutel Health Center
Testing Hours: Monday – Friday, 8am – 4:30pm
Self-Referral Tests Available: HIV, Syphilis, Chlamydia and Gonorrhea
All other tests need provider appointments. Schedule online here.
Brazos County Health District
201 N. Texas Ave., Bryan, TX 77803
To find testing information, visit brazoshealth.org.
Texas Department of State Health Services
Call to find next local testing opportunity.
Student Assistance Services (studentlife.tamu.edu/sas)
- Overview: SAS provides students with guidance, resources, and support to address a variety of personal and academic matters. Common issues SAS provides support regarding: referrals/resource connections, concerning behavior follow-up, student welfare checks, student absence notification, Silver Taps/student death, assistance in coordinating family needs, and more.
- Contact Us: (979) 845-3113
- Learn more about student support here: studentlife.tamu.edu/sas/studentsupport.
TELUS Health Student Support App (caps.tamu.edu/studentsupport)
- University Police Department: (979) 845-2345
- Campus EMS: (979) 845-1525
- Chemical/Radiological Spills: (979) 862-1111
- Off-Campus Police Services:
- College Station: (979) 764-3600
- Bryan: (979) 209-5300
- Brazos County Sheriff: (979) 361-4900
- Department of Public Safety (State Troopers): (979) 776-3110
- Off-Campus Fire Services:
- College Station: (979) 764-3700
- Bryan (979) 209-5960
- Off-Campus Medical Services/Hospitals:
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center: (979) 207-0100
- St. Joseph Regional Health Center: (979) 776-3777
- St. Joseph Health College Station Hospital: (979) 764-5100
- CapRock Hospital: (979) 314-2323
- The Physicians Centre Hospital: (979) 731-3100