If you are experiencing a medical emergency (e.g., severe chest pain, shortness of breath, serious injury), call 911 or visit a local emergency room.
Patient Portal Features:
- Make appointments for general medical care:
- In-person and telemedicine appointments are available Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
- After-hours telemedicine appointments are available Monday-Friday, 5pm-7pm
- Schedule a COVID-19 vaccination and/or COVID-19 test
- Schedule a flu vaccination
- Obtain lab results/read secure messages sent by an SHS medical provider
- Upload health insurance information
For specialty visits or if you have questions about scheduling, please contact Patient Services at (979) 458-8310, Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm.
To see more features available on the patient portal, click here.
Alert: If you are using a personal device (cell phone, laptop, etc.) to book SHS appointments online, please ensure the time zone for your device is set to U.S. central daylight time (CDT) so it matches the current TAMU time. If your device is set to another time zone other than CDT, the patient portal will display the wrong appointment time choices as it calculates the corresponding times for your device’s perceived location.
I will not attempt to view or access information belonging to any other individual, and agree that doing so may violate Federal and State privacy legislation, as well as Texas A&M University privacy policies. I agree that any information which I submit on this website will be accurate and complete to the best of my knowledge. I understand that this information will become part of my Student Health Services medical record at Texas A&M University, and may be used in any medical care that I receive.