IMPORTANT: If you are experiencing a medical emergency (i.e., severe chest pain, shortness of breath, serious injury), call 911 or visit your local emergency room.
Students can use the Patient Portal to:
- make appointments for general medical care (including telemedicine)
- schedule a COVID-19 test
- obtain lab results/read secure messages sent by an SHS medical provider
- upload health insurance information
For specialty visits or if you have questions about scheduling, please contact Patient Services at (979) 458-8310, Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm.
- Locate any health insurance information and bring it with you to SHS. You will be asked for any insurance information at the time of check in. It is important to bring the insurance card. Please note that insurance is not required to utilize services at SHS, but can help reduce the out-of-pocket cost.
- Bring a list of current medications. Please specify the name of the medication, dosage amount, and how often it is taken. Provide this list to the nurse assisting during the visit.
- Fill out the required forms on the Patient Portal:
- Consent to Treat
- Financial Practices
- Privacy Practices
Please note that there will be a $25 no show/late arrival fee if a student does not show for his/her scheduled appointment. Students are encouraged to arrive 15 minutes early for their scheduled appointment to avoid the no show/late arrival fee. There is very limited parking in lot 27 at this time. It is recommended that individuals utilizing SHS and/or the COVID-19 testing tent park in Lot 30E.
- For medical advice when SHS is closed, visit our Medical Emergencies and After Hours Care page for additional information.
- To access COVID-19 information and available testing options, visit the SHS Coronavirus page.
- To learn more about the staff physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants at Student Health Services, visit the SHS Medical Staff webpage.
I will not attempt to view or access information belonging to any other individual, and agree that doing so may violate Federal and State privacy legislation, as well as Texas A&M University privacy policies. I agree that any information which I submit on this website will be accurate and complete to the best of my knowledge. I understand that this information will become part of my Student Health Services medical record at Texas A&M University, and may be used in any medical care that I receive.