The Annual Flu Shot Campaign provides students the opportunity to receive a flu vaccine at a convenient on-campus location during a two-day campaign. Student Health Services sponsors the Flu Shot Campaign and contracts with LabCorp to administer the flu vaccines during the event. SHS is able to fund a limited number of flu vaccines for students who may not have health insurance or do not have the health insurance accepted by LabCorp.
Event Dates: 2021 dates pending
Event Time: Time pending
Event Location: A.P. Beutel Health Center / Student Health Services, Room 027 (Find SHS here: aggiemap.tamu.edu). Access the event location from Military Walk.
Items to Bring
Personal Identification (only one needed):
- TAMU Student ID (preferred)
- Government-Issued ID (Driver’s License; Passport)
Event Items: SHS recommends that you fill out the below consent form prior to utilizing the event in order to minimize your wait time. The form will also be available at the event if you are unable to fill it out in advance. Please print two copies of the completed form and bring both copies with you to the Campaign.
If you choose to file to your health insurance:
- Insurance Consent Form (required for all participants who choose to file to their health insurance)
- Health Insurance Information (see health insurance information section below outlining which health insurance we are able to accept for this event; bring a printed or photo copy of your insurance card with you to the Flu Shot Campaign)
If you choose to not file to your health insurance:
- Immunization Consent Form (required for all participants who are not filing to their health insurance)
What to Expect Day-Of
NOTICE: If you are not feeling well on the day of the event, experiencing any COVID symptoms, or had a recent close contact with a known positive COVID case, you will not be able to receive a flu shot during the Flu Shot Campaign. Check back soon for a flu shot voucher, redeemable at select local pharmacies!
Arrival: When you arrive at the health center, please look for the Flu Shot Campaign “Tackle the Flu” signage that will be placed near the event location entrance. Please utilize the southeast entrance (on Military Walk, closest to the YMCA building) to enter into the health center.
Check-In: You will be given a consent form to complete prior to receiving your flu shot (view the forms available in the “Items to Bring” section above). Filling out the appropriate consent form in advance may help minimize your wait time on the day of the event.
Vaccine Administration: After you have given the LabCorp staff member your completed paperwork, receiving the flu vaccine will typically take less than five minutes. If you are feeling unwell immediately after receiving the flu vaccine, please notify a LabCorp staff member.
Questions: There will be SHS staff assisting with the operations of this event. If you have any questions during the event, please ask an SHS staff member or a LabCorp staff member (stationed at the check-in desk).
Texas A&M University students:
- A limited number of flu vaccines will be funded by Student Health Services. SHS seeks to reserve these flu vaccines for students who do not have insurance or do not have the insurance accepted during this Campaign.
- LabCorp will file to approved health insurance plans at no cost to you (see Health Insurance Information section). If you have one of the referenced health insurance plans, it is recommended that you bring your health insurance information with you on the day of the campaign.
Health Insurance Information
Students are not required to have health insurance to participate in this event. If a student does have health insurance, the below health insurance plans will be accepted during the Flu Shot Campaign:
- Medicare Part B
- Independence Blue Cross Blue Shield (Keystone Health Plan East Personal Choice PPO; Independence Blue Cross)
- Meritain Health
- Providence Health (Commercial EPO and Medicare)
- Sierra Health and Life
If you do not have any of the above health insurance plans, you are still welcome to participate in the Flu Shot Campaign.
- Vaccine Documentation: To obtain a copy of your flu vaccine record, please email Elliok5@LabCorp.com. Please specify you attended the Flu Shot Campaign at Texas A&M University on October 7-8.
- General Event Questions/Media Inquiries: Please contact Alyssa Seivert, SHS Marketing Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Influenza (Flu) Questions: Please visit the CDC website at cdc.gov/flu.