The Annual Flu Shot Campaign provides students, faculty and staff the opportunity to receive a flu vaccine at one of our four convenient campus locations during the two-day campaign. Student Health Services sponsors the Flu Shot Campaign and contracts with Maxim Healthcare to administer the flu vaccines during the event. SHS is able to fund a limited number of flu vaccines for students who may not have health insurance or do not have the health insurance accepted by Maxim Healthcare.
Event Dates: 2020 EVENT DETAILS HAVE NOT YET BEEN FINALIZED
Event Time: 8am – 5pm
- Biochemistry/Biophysics Building: First floor lobby near Ag Cafe (Find BioChem here: aggiemap.tamu.edu)
- Evans Library: First floor lobby near Starbucks (Find Evans here: aggiemap.tamu.edu)
- Memorial Student Center: Second floor, room 2406 (Find the MSC here: aggiemap.tamu.edu)
- Zachry: First floor atrium near E-Quad (Find Zachry here: aggiemap.tamu.edu)
Items to Bring
Personal Identification (only one needed):
- TAMU Student ID (preferred)
- Government-Issued ID (Driver’s License; Passport)
Event Items: SHS recommends that you fill out the below consent form prior to utilizing the event in order to minimize your wait time. The form will also be available at the event if you are unable to fill it out in advance. If you need proof of receiving the vaccine, please print two copies of the completed form and bring both copies with you to the Campaign.
If you choose to file to your health insurance:
- Insurance Consent Form (required for all participants who choose to file to their health insurance)
- Health Insurance Information (see health insurance information section below outlining which health insurance we are able to accept for this event; bring a printed or photo copy of your insurance card with you to the Flu Shot Campaign)
If you choose to not file to your health insurance:
- Immunization Consent Form (required for all participants who are not filing to their health insurance)
What to Expect Day-Of
Arrival: When you arrive at any of the four locations, please look for the Flu Shot Campaign “Tackle the Flu” signage that will be placed near the event location within each respective building. It is recommended that you attend the campaign during the morning or late afternoon hours to minimize wait times.
Check-In: You will be given a consent form to complete prior to receiving your flu shot (view the forms available in the “Items to Bring” section above). Filling out the appropriate consent form in advance may help minimize your wait time on the day of the event.
Vaccine Administration: After you have given the Maxim Healthcare staff member your completed paperwork, receiving the flu vaccine will typically take less than five minutes. If you are feeling unwell prior to receiving the vaccine or immediately after, please notify a Maxim Healthcare staff member.
Volunteers: There will be student volunteers assisting with the operations of this event. If you have any questions during the event, please ask one of the volunteers or a Maxim Healthcare representative (stationed at the check-in desk).
Texas A&M University students:
- Maxim Healthcare will file to approved health insurance plans at no cost to you (see Health Insurance Information section). If you have one of the referenced health insurance plans, it is recommended that you bring your health insurance information with you on the day of the campaign.
- A limited number of flu vaccines will be funded by Student Health Services.
- Once the funded flu vaccines have been distributed, the flu shot will cost $30. Payment can be made via cash or check.
- Maxim Healthcare will file to approved health insurance plans at no cost to you (see Health Insurance Information section).
- If you do not have an approved health insurance plan, the flu shot will cost $30. Payment can be made via cash or check.
Health Insurance Information
The below health insurance plans will be accepted during the Flu Shot Campaign:
- Medicare Part B
- Anthem: CA (PPO only), CO, GA, IN, KY, ME, MO, NV, NH, OH, VA, WI
- BlueCross BlueShield: AZ, IL, KS, MA, TN, TX, NC, RI, Empire BCBS
- Florida Blue
- Independence Blue Cross
- Meritain Health
- Premera Blue Cross
- Priority Health
- Sierra Health and Life
If you do not have the above health insurance plans, you are still welcome to participate in the Flu Shot Campaign.
To obtain a copy of your flu vaccine record, please contact Maxim Healthcare at (832) 458-3793. You will need to specify that you received the flu vaccine during the Flu Shot Campaign hosted at Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas in October 2019.