IMPORTANT: If you are experiencing a medical emergency (i.e., severe chest pain, shortness of breath, serious injury), call 911 or visit your local emergency room.
For medical advice when SHS is closed, visit our Medical Emergencies and After Hours Care page for additional information.
CLINICAL OPERATIONS CHANGES, AS OF 04/30/2020
At this time, SHS is still operating under normal business hours: Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm. Hours and availability of certain services may be limited or change depending on staff availability during the COVID-19 response. View the tabs below to find information regarding which clinical services are available for students at this time.
The Medical Clinic is now separated into a respiratory clinic (BLUE CLINIC) and a general clinic. To make an appointment at SHS, click on the button below to visit the Patient Portal. If you are experiencing any high-risk symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste/smell, diarrhea), please call SHS at (979) 458-8310 to schedule a telenurse appointment, or web book a telemedicine appointment.
When patients arrive to the clinic, the main SHS front entrance is available only for non-respiratory visits, lab, pharmacy, physical therapy and radiology access. All medical clinic appointments must be pre-booked and there are no walk-ins to see a clinician for a medical visit. Students scheduled for the respiratory clinic must still to use the BLUE CLINIC entrance.
Find the clinic map here: SHS Building Map.
- BLUE CLINIC: this clinic is for respiratory patients and is located at the southwest corner of the A.P. Beutel Health Center directly off Houston Street nearest the YMCA Building. This entrance is only for prescheduled patients who are directed to use it. No visitors will be allowed to accompany the patient at this entrance.
Services Available for Students
The Medical Clinic is now separated into a respiratory clinic and a general clinic.
- To make an appointment at SHS, click on the button below to visit the Patient Portal. If you are experiencing any high-risk symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste/smell, diarrhea), you may web book a telemedicine appointment with a clinician or call SHS at (979) 458-8310 to schedule a telenurse screening appointment.
- Telemedicine appointments are available for students who are physically located in the state of Texas. Telemedicine appointments are available for a variety of patient complaints, and can be scheduled by clicking on the button below to visit the Patient Portal. Telemedicine appointments do not require a nursing pre-screening appointment.
Services remain the same, including IUD and Nexplanon placement; however, there are limited clinicians available for procedures so scheduling may be delayed. If students need prescription extension to accommodate this delay and are physically located in the state of Texas, schedule a telemedicine visit. Students may also send a secure message to their treating clinician.
Services remain the same. Students interested in receiving a self-referral lab test must utilize the main clinic entrance.
- COVID-19 antibody testing is available by self-referral. Results will typically be available within 48-72 hours after testing. Cash pay price is $100. Contact the Lab at (979) 458-8333 for any questions. To expedite the testing process, please fill out the following form in advance: COVID Antibody Testing Form. Testing is only available on Monday-Friday, 8:15am-4pm. Please present at the main entrance to gain access to the lab for this testing.
All appointments are via phone until further notice. Currently, appointments are restricted to initial consultations and follow-up appointments. To schedule a Nutrition Services appointment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Students do not need to go through the pre-screening process for these appointments.
The Pharmacy is available to fill/refill prescriptions. To access the Pharmacy, students must utilize the main clinic entrance. If a student is only visiting the pharmacy for medication pick-up, they will be screened at the main clinic entrance. If a student wishes to have their medication brought outside to them as they wait in the parking lot, please call the Pharmacy at (979) 458-8292.
Prescription mailing is available for a minimal charge (average cost is less than $5). Prescriptions will only be mailed as long as the following conditions are met:
- Recipient is located in the state of Texas
- Prescription total is less than $100
Prescriptions typically arrive within two business days and tracking information will be provided to the recipient. Refrigerated items are not able to be mailed. To inquire regarding prescription mailing, please contact the Pharmacy at (979) 458-8292 or email@example.com.
Services remain the same.
Services remain the same. For students who have their allergy serum at SHS, please contact Preventive Medicine at (979) 458-8345 to coordinate pick-up.
Services remain the same.
Please note that the above information is subject to change. For the most accurate information, please visit https://shs.tamu.edu/coronavirus.
Any questions should be directed to Patient Services at (979) 458-8310 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
I will not attempt to view or access information belonging to any other individual, and agree that doing so may violate Federal and State privacy legislation, as well as Texas A&M University privacy policies. I agree that any information which I submit on this website will be accurate and complete to the best of my knowledge. I understand that this information will become part of my Student Health Services medical record at Texas A&M University, and may be used in any medical care that I receive.