HISTORY OF STUDENT HEALTH SERVICES

1876

The very first Health Center at Texas A&M functioned out of tents.
Photo Shown: Original Main Building on campus.
Read more

1880

In the late 1880's, a one-story frame building was built to accommodate student health care services.
Photo Shown: Historical photo of what is now Military Walk .
Read more

1896

In 1896, the Infirmary was built. This was the second building to host healthcare services. Its Victorian architecture was typical of the 1890's, with columns, ornate rails and a porch across the front.
Photo courtesy of Cushing Memorial Library and Archives.
Read more

1916

In 1916, A&M's third health center was built.
Photo courtesy of Cushing Memorial Library and Archives.
Read more

1973

In October 1973, the fourth "hospital" was constructed and was named the A.P. Beutel Health Center. The building is still being used to treat Aggies and is still in its original location, on the north side of campus across from Sbisa Dining Hall.
Read more

2016

During the 2015-2016 school year, a $1.6 million dollar renovation was completed dedicated toward patient care.
Read more

FIND US

Physical Address:
311 Houston Street, Building 520
College Station, TX 77843-1264

Mailing Address:
1264 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-1264

UPCOMING EVENTS